The CJHS Swimming and Diving team was victorious Tuesday night in their home opener against the Spartans of Connersville with a team score of 219 – 82. Some highlights from the action:
– Jonah Cornett took 3rd place in the 50 Free, helped his 200 Free Relay team to a second place finish, and narrowly brought home 1st place in the 100 back by 6 hundredths of a second
– Sawyer Murray took 2nd place in the 200 Free and 3rd place in the 100 Free
– Seth Swope took 3rd in the 200 Free and 100 Breaststroke
– Darcy Mathews got a 3rd in the 100 Breaststroke and 2nd in the 400 Free Relay
– Rowan Mathews took gold in diving as well as a second place finish in the 400 Free Relay and a third place finish in the 200 Free
– Evie Morgan brought home a 2nd place finish in the 400 Free Relay
– Isadora Motta brought in a 2nd place finish on the 200 Medley Relay team and a 3rd place finish on her 200 Free Relay team as well as a 2nd place finish on her 400 Free Relay team. Her individual effort was a 3rd place finish in the 100 Backstroke
– Captain Anna Nevels brought home a second place finish with her 200 Medley Relay team, a second place finish in the grueling 100 Butterfly, and third place finishes in the 100 Free and 200 Free Relay
– Sebastian Dam took 2nd place in the 200IM, helped his 200 Free Relay to a 2nd place finish, and took home Gold in his signature event, the 100 Breaststroke
– Levi Morgan took 1st place in the 100 Free, 3rd place in the 100 Backstroke, and his 200 Free Relay team took 2nd
– Jack Sewell took a set of 2nd place finishes in the 50 and 100 Free and in the 200 Free Relay
– Eli West took a strong 3rd place finish in Diving as well as a 2nd place finish in the 500 and both his 200 and 400 Relay teams took 1st
– Captain Devon Whaley came super close to being perfect on the night with first place finishes in the 50 Free and 200 and 400 Free Relays as well as a strong 2nd place finish in diving.
– Paxtyn Elsrod put up 2 first place finishes with the 200 and 400 Free Relays, a 2nd place finish in the 100 Backstroke, and a 3rd place finish in the 50 Free.
– Tristen Marshall put up 2 2nd place finishes in the 200 Medley and Diving as well as a 3rd place finish on her 200 Free Relay team
– Alex Moore went double firsts and double seconds. Blue ribbons in the 200 and 400 Free Relays and 2nd places in the 50 and 100 Free
– Tabby Moore grabs 2nd 3 times (200 Medley Relay, 200 Free, and 100 Breaststroke) as well as a third place finish on the 200 Free Relay
We had a record 4 swimmers win the coveted Fourple award winning first place in all 4 of their events…they were:
– Captain Avery Dickerson in the 50 (coming .8 seconds from breaking a record) the 100 Free (also within 2 seconds of that record) and her 200 and 400 Free Relay teams.
– Kenna Hemmerling in the 200 IM, 500 Free, and both the 200 and 400 Relays
– Captain Grayson Jarvis in the 3 Dive set, 500 Freestyle, as well as both his 200 and 400 Free Relay teams.
– Nick Kenny in the 200 IM, 100 Butterfly, as well as both his 200 and 400 Free Relay teams.
The Bulldogs look to extend their undefeated season as they host the South Dearborn Squires on Thursday.